The traditional rules of onsen bathing are still maintained by the Venusian people and to a lesser extent those who visit their world. Though there are obviously no natural hot springs on Venus, mechanized versions of the same are a popular investment and lure for both locals and tourists.
- Swim suits are not permitted. An onsen is bathed in naked.
- Washing before entering the onsen is required.
- Drinking in the onsen is forbidden, as is entering one while drunk.
- Washing inside the onsen is forbidden.
- Do not watch other people.
- Do not allow your wash cloth or towel to touch the onsen water.
- Glasses are not permitted in the onsen.
It goes without saying that these rules are not legally enforceable, but the owner of a specific onsen has the right to expel individuals who refuse to follow custom from their property.